Delhi Marriage Certificate, Online Registration
We all reside in India, a country where marriage is a revered cultural and legal tradition. Marriage is a legal practice that is formally recognized by the law. Under these legal procedures, their in-laws’ families and partners are given rights and duties. It is seen as a global cultural practice that many partners have adopted worldwide.
The documentation of a marriage’s registration is called a marriage certificate. If you need to show that you are lawfully married to someone, you will require a marriage certificate. You also require it for several paperwork, including getting a passport and altering your maiden name.
Delhi Marriage Certificate Registration
If you are unfamiliar with the procedure, getting engaged in Delhi might be a bit intimidating. But if you follow these easy instructions, you may legally register your marriage without any complications.
Here is a stage process tutorial on how to submit an online application for Delhi marriage registration:
- You must first gather all the paperwork required to submit a marriage registration application. This contains a residency declaration, your passport, and your identity card.
- Then, go to the main site of the Delhi Government Dep’t of marriage registration. On this page, you will be able to fill out the online application form. Check that all of your information is correct since errors might cause delays or even rejection of your registration. You must also submit images about yourself and your spouse. If you need to use a proxy, ensure that the proxy declaration is linked to your online application.
To apply online, you must first go to the Municipal Corporation of Delhi’s website (MCD).
After you log in, go to the menu and select the Marriage Registration tab. The Online Registration Form will thereafter be available on the appropriate menu.
You must meet the following requirements in order to apply for a marriage certification registration:
- First and foremost, the bride or the groom must be an Indian citizen.
- According to the Majority Act of 1875, the bride must be 18 years old, and the husband must be 21.
- Within the NCT of Delhi’s geographical authority, marriage has been solemnized.
- The Delhi Compulsory Registration of Marriage Order 2014 requires registration to be completed within 60 days, except the day the final ceremony of the marriage is solemnized.
- If a marriage is not registered within the required or extended term, a penalty will be applied.
- On the day of the appointment with the marriage officer, the bride, the groom, and two witnesses holding proof of permanent residency in Delhi must all be physically present to witness the marriage solemnized.
The following paperwork must be ready before registering for marriage registration in Delhi:
- a photocopy of your ID
- a recent picture
- evidence of address (utility bill, bank statement, etc.)
- evidence of income (a letter from your employer, tax return)
- a copy of your passport or visa if you are a foreign national
Apply for the marriage registration form
- First, you need to visit the official website, and you have to download the form.
- And then, you have to fill in all the information like the registration number or Adhar number, or voter id number.
- And you need to fill in the information about the bride and groom.
- After filling in all the information step by step then, you have to check them again.
- Lastly, you have to fill in the declaration foam.
- After filling both foams then, you have to submit them to the registrar office.
- A self-attested copy of the original document must be presented when applying in person at a Citizen Service Center (CSC). The document must be submitted to the e-District application program if applying online. Even for online applications, it may be essential to verify some papers at the counter physically.
- While submitting an online application, a scanned copy of the original affidavit from the bride and the groom is required. The original affidavit must be delivered by hand, speed mail, registered mail, or registered delivery to the relevant SDM, Tehsildar, or CSC, along with the application/acknowledgment number.
- The bride and groom or any family member should be present at the CSC to have their picture taken or submitted. The bride and groom’s picture must be supplied for an online application.
- The bride and groom must personally appear in the registrar’s office on the day of the appointment, as well as two witnesses with identification.
- The following are the costs associated with obtaining a marriage certificate online in Delhi:
- Rs. 150 is paid for solemnization in addition to the application price for registration, where applicable.
- Usually, within 14 days of marriage registration, you get a marriage registration certificate.
The Advantages of Registering in Delhi
An excellent strategy to preserve the validity of your union and safeguard your family is to register your marriage in Delhi. The advantages of registering your marriage in Delhi include the following:
- You may obtain documentation of your union in court.
- Public documents will have a record of your marriage.
- You are able to obtain a copy of your marriage certificate.
- If you require aid, you can seek it from the government.
How can you easily qualify for a marriage registration certificate?
- You might be unsure about how to go if you wish to be married in Delhi. Fortunately, obtaining marriage registration approval is a simple process. To get you started, follow these steps:
- Ask the local registrar’s office whether they accept applications online. If that is the case, click the link and finish the registration process. Your name, address, and ID card number are required. You must also include your parents’ names and addresses along with your wedding date.
- Come in the form, together with your identity documents, to the regional registrar’s office after completing your online registration. Present them both at the same time and request a marriage registration application. Bring your marriage certificate if you have one.
- Complete the application form, then deliver it to the registrar’s office with all your identity documents. Verify that the application forms’ signatures correspond to those on the original papers and that all information is legible.
- After submitting your application, you will get a written acknowledgment that it has been received and that your application is being processed.
If you want to get married in Delhi, you’ll also need to obtain a marriage certification. After the wedding’s second day, immediately begin to put it into practice. In India, marriage registration is required. Therefore you should get started as soon as you can to guarantee that your application is handled appropriately and without any delays. Contact us right away to submit an online application for Delhi marriage registration.